Plan your next sales meeting using our online do-it-yourself Selling on Value Not Price Coaching Kit. This kit includes everything a sales manager needs to conduct a skills clinic on how to sell on value not price. The duration of this session is 90 minutes, which can be split into two or three shorter sessions if desired. Preview samples here: video, handout, and Manager's Notes.
How can this help your sales team? Successful sales professionals sell on value, not price, and utilize all the sources of value that their company, products, and services can provide to customers. The ability to sell well on value creates some objective reasons for the customer to select your company rather than one of your competitors. In other words, to differentiate you. Your salespeople will win new business and protect existing business by applying the concepts in this kit to a real life customer situation.
- Brainstorm activity to generate a list of your company's sources of value
- Best ways to differentiate your company from competition
- The three ways that customers perceive value
- Segment 1 teaches how to use your company's "sources of value" to differentiate yourself from competition.
- Segment 2 highlights the three ways that customers perceive value.
- Segment 3 teaches practical tips on how to prepare and present your value proposition, notably in terms of quantifying the benefits.
- Teaching Tips Handout: Learn how to lead an effective sales meeting. The Teaching Tips Handout provides practical advice on how salespeople learn best.
- Manager's Outline and Notes: Print your step by step instructions on how to run the meeting.
- Participant Handout: Print a handout for each member of your sales team attending the meeting.
- Video: Play the video during the sales meeting. You will be instructed to stop and start the video for activities and exercises. You may also choose to preview the video and teach the material yourself without playing the video during the meeting. (Note: Do a test run of your video at the meeting location to test browser access and internet speed.)
Volume Discounts: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for corporate pricing and volume discounts.
Bill McCormick is the founder and president of Peak Selling, Inc., a firm specializing in customized sales training and consulting. Bill has over 20 years of experience consulting managers and coaching sales executives and professionals. He is the primary author and developer of Peak Selling's customized sales and management workshops.
Prior to founding Peak Selling, he was Vice President of Marketing for an international consulting and training company. Bill was responsible for managing their entire sales and marketing effort, including an international network of licensees, and doubled their sales volume in four years. Prior to that, Bill held positions in sales, sales management, and marketing for a Fortune 25 firm.
Bill earned his M.S. degree in Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University and a B.S. degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He also is on the Corporate Education Group (Boston University) faculty.