Plan your next sales meeting using our online do-it-yourself Pre-Call Planning Coaching Kit. This kit includes everything a sales manager needs to conduct a skills clinic on Pre-Call Planning. The duration of this session is 90 minutes, which can be split into two or three shorter sessions if desired. Preview samples here: video, handout and manager's notes.
How can this help your sales team? Every sales call should be purposeful, yet many salespeople don't plan well for their sales calls. A sales call without an objective is a visit. Sales professionals are not well-paid tourists, so don't make visits! This kit will improve the ability of the sales team to effectively plan for sales calls. The salespeople learn the three critical tasks that successful salespeople do before every sales call. Instructions are included on how to use a planning form for an upcoming sales call.
- Three critical tasks to do before every sales call
- The relationship between and importance of setting sales goals and sales call objectives
- A Pre-Call Planning form activity
- Segment 1 teaches an overview of the three critical tasks that should be done before each sales call.
- Segment 2 teaches and provides examples of the relationship between sales goals and sales call objectives.
- Segment 3 teaches how to use a pre-call planning form to prepare for upcoming sales calls
Purchasing one Coaching Kit provides everything needed to run a highly interactive skill-building session for your entire sales team. Your enrollment lasts 6 months, providing you access to:
- Teaching Tips Handout: Learn how to lead an effective sales meeting. The Teaching Tips Handout provides practical advice on how salespeople learn best.
- Manager's Outline and Notes: Print your step by step instructions on how to run the meeting.
- Participant Handout: Print a handout for each member of your sales team attending the meeting.
- Video: Play the video during the sales meeting. You will be instructed to stop and start the video for activities and exercises. You may also choose to preview the video and teach the material yourself without playing the video during the meeting. (Note: Do a test run of the video at the meeting location to test browser access and internet speed.)
Volume Discounts: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for corporate pricing and volume discounts.
Bill McCormick is the founder and president of Peak Selling, Inc., a firm specializing in customized sales training and consulting. Bill has over 20 years of experience consulting managers and coaching sales executives and professionals. He is the primary author and developer of Peak Selling's customized sales and management workshops.
Prior to founding Peak Selling, he was Vice President of Marketing for an international consulting and training company. Bill was responsible for managing their entire sales and marketing effort, including an international network of licensees, and doubled their sales volume in four years. Prior to that, Bill held positions in sales, sales management, and marketing for a Fortune 25 firm.
Bill earned his M.S. degree in Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University and a B.S. degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He also is on the Corporate Education Group (Boston University) faculty.