Plan your next sales meeting using our online do-it-yourself Giving and Getting Concessions when Negotiating Coaching Kit. This kit includes everything a sales manager needs to conduct a skills clinic on giving and getting concessions when negotiating. The duration of this session is 90 minutes, which can be split into two or three shorter sessions if desired. Preview samples here: video, handout, and manager's notes.
How can this help your sales team? Conceding too much, too soon, is the most common mistake made by average sales negotiators. Successful negotiators have learned through experience to eliminate this mistake. Exchange, or give-and-take, is the essence of negotiation. This kit will improve the ability of the sales team to explore for and exchange currencies other than price. Your salespeople will reach better and more profitable agreements by applying the concepts in this kit to an upcoming negotiation.
- Three common mistakes made by average negotiators
- Definitions and examples of prime, alternative and elegant currencies of exchange, followed by a brainstorm activity
- Guidelines on giving and getting concessions
- Negotiation planning form worksheet, including a role play practice activity
- Segment 1 teaches the three most common mistakes made by average sales negotiators, and some advice on how to avoid making these mistakes.
- Segment 2 teaches examples and definitions on Currencies of Exchange other than price.
- Segment 3 highlights five practical tips about giving and getting concessions.
- Teaching Tips Handout: Learn how to lead an effective sales meeting. The Teaching Tips Handout provides practical advice on how salespeople learn best.
- Manager's Outline and Notes: Print your step by step instructions on how to run the meeting.
- Participant Handout: Print a handout for each member of your sales team attending the meeting.
- Video: Play the video during the sales meeting. You will be instructed to stop and start the video for activities and exercises. You may also choose to preview the video and teach the material yourself without playing the video during the meeting. (Note: Do a test run of the video at the meeting location to test browser access and internet speed.)
Volume Discounts: Please email email@example.com for corporate pricing and volume discounts.
Bill McCormick is the founder and president of Peak Selling, Inc., a firm specializing in customized sales training and consulting. Bill has over 20 years of experience consulting managers and coaching sales executives and professionals. He is the primary author and developer of Peak Selling's customized sales and management workshops.
Prior to founding Peak Selling, he was Vice President of Marketing for an international consulting and training company. Bill was responsible for managing their entire sales and marketing effort, including an international network of licensees, and doubled their sales volume in four years. Prior to that, Bill held positions in sales, sales management, and marketing for a Fortune 25 firm.
Bill earned his M.S. degree in Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University and a B.S. degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He also is on the Corporate Education Group (Boston University) faculty.